7. Pietra e Mare Hotel | 9 Best Mykonos Hotels & Resorts
A romantic haven exclusively for couples, Pietra e Mare Hotel looks out towards the sparkling blue Aegean Sea and the stunning white sandy, beach of Kalo Livadi on the magical Greek island of Mykonos. Providing the ultimate peace and tranquillity, this charming boutique hotel has a superb restaurant with a fine wine list and an inviting pool surrounded by sun loungers.
Each one of the 30 stylish rooms and suites has a balcony or terrace with a breathtaking and endless sea view. Enchanting white and blue interiors reflect the island’s whitewashed houses and the deep blue of the sea. The ambiance at Pietra e Mare is totally relaxing with attentive yet discreet service. The intimate garden lounge area with hammocks and cushions between the palm trees, transform the hotel into the ultimate hideaway.
• Romantic, secluded retreat exclusively for couples
• Chic rooms with art deco touches and private balconies with sea views
• Elegant poolside restaurant with a fine wine list, and authentic Mediterranean dishes
Head inland to visit the nearby village of Ano Mera with its main square bordered by traditional tavernas and a 6th-century monastery. Return to Pietra e Mare Hotel and enjoy a romantic candlelit dinner in the restaurant, with the sound of the waves lapping on the shore.
8. De.Light Boutique Hotel | 9 Best Mykonos Hotels & Resorts
De.light Boutique Hotel is the embodiment of stylish design. While reflecting the island’s traditional cubic, whitewashed architecture, it manages to incorporate soul-stirring sea views from every angle. Set above Agios Ioannis beach, this contemporary, all-suite boutique hotel provides a peaceful and intimate bolthole with a tempting infinity pool, a poolside cocktail bar and a fine dining restaurant, offering a unique gastronomic experience.
The main focus at De.light Boutique Hotel is on winding down and soaking up picture-perfect vistas of the Aegean Sea. Every one of the suites has a fantastic sea view and the décor is a crisp, clean white accentuated by striking colours. Sit on your private veranda and feel all inner the tension lift as you sip on a welcome drink.
• Peaceful, luxury hotel in the traditional white, cubic style of Greek Island architecture
• Each suite has sparkling Aegean views – plus open bathrooms, Jacuzzis, individual pools or steam rooms
• Poolside restaurant serving authentic Mykonean recipes and fresh, local produce
Sit by the infinity pool on a sun bed and wile away hours in the glorious sunshine. Take a sailing excursion to the nearby Island of Delos, the mythical birthplace of Apollo and Artemis. Or, enjoy a shopping trip to Mykonos Town. Return to De.light Boutique Hotel to watch the sun set behind the Island of Delos followed by a romantic candle-lit dinner.
9. Mykonos Ammos Hotel | 9 Best Mykonos Hotels & Resorts
Mykonos Ammos Hotel is a delightful boutique hotel with 49 rooms and suites that is literally on the beach and overlooks a bright blue sea. With crystal clear waters and a white sandy beach, the hotel has an inviting all-day beach bar, two restaurants, two outdoor pools and a range of spa and beauty treatments, ensuring this is the place to stay for an exclusive ‘sea and sand’ lifestyle.
The interiors of Mykonos Ammos Hotel are ice-white and the artistic concept of ‘open air’ reflects the hotel’s setting by the sea. There are large vases filled with water in the lobby and blue lunar shapes on the walls of the rooms. The ambiance is one of tranquility and guests can find quiet nooks for reading.
• Contemporary hotel just steps from the shore, perfectly in harmony with the natural surroundings
• Sun loungers and beachside cocktail bar exclusively available to guests
• Two outdoor pools, and spa facilities including massage and beauty treatments
Step out of your room and walk barefoot right on to the beach. Ask for a cocktail at the beach bar and relax into your sunbed and gaze at the sea. Later, take a walk to Mykonos town and window shop. Then return to Mykonos Ammos Hotel for a deep tissue massage before preparing for dinner in the restaurant.